Thursday, May 19, 2011

How to NOT Make Your Friends Jealous (Bootcamp #2)

So have you ever thought it would be nice to make all your friends really appreciate what they have? Well one way to help them really appreciate their nice leisurely weekends, that I've heard most people spend sleeping in and watching TV, drinking at night, and watching sports in the afternoon, is to spend 14 hours at bootcamp, and describe all the torture you were put through.

Saturday: Wake up 6am
Drive to Aquatic Park and swim in the freezing water for an hour. 
 I kept thinking, it's May, the Bay has to be warmer now, right? Lake San Antonio was so refreshing! But no, I still had to use my swim booties and I got an ice headache from putting my face in the water.

After the swim we got to Spin/Run/Stairs/Core/Run/Spin/Run/Core/Run

Yes, that is what I said:
Spin:

Run:
Stairs:

Core:
Run:
Spin:
Run:


Core:

























Run:
Oh, did I mention, that was just Saturday???? We got to get up and do 7 more hours on Sunday! At least on Sunday they were a little nicer to us, and let us start by swimming in a pool:
But I am sure the coaches were thinking they had been too nice to us, so then they had us ride up Mt. Diablo in the rain:
And then we got to run in the rain and HAIL!
By the end of the weekend, I could hardly move:
Of course, we only did a total of 14 hours of training in two days, and in 100 days I will be doing 16 to 17 hours in one day!

But you know what, I know most of my friends are not jealous of me and really enjoy their restful weekends, but I wouldn't give up this experience for the world!
GO TEAM! GO IRON TEAM!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: