Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A week in the Life....

I think it will be a good idea to compare a week of my life in preseason Ironman Training, so I can look back and see how far I've come...hopefully my weeks will be full of so much amazing training and fundraising, I'll look back on my life today, and think: "Wow, I was so boring back then, I'm so glad I have so much to do now!  I totally made the right decision to join the Iron Team"

Ok here goes:

Monday: I came to work (on BART, since my car needs work), worked all day and then went to Lake Anza to swim with Dave.  Now I am a good swimmer, and I am never scared of drowning or anything...but open water creeps me out.  The water was pretty murky and I kept thinking I was going to swim into a dead body, so we only did about 1000 yards before I my nerves were too frazzled to go on.  Note to self-find an open water swim place that doesn't remind me of the ending of Friday the 13th! (Left my house at 7 am got home at 7pm)

Tuesday: Woke up at 5:15am so I could take BART to have Margo pick me up and go to our Tuesday morning 5.25 mile run group at the Berkeley Marina.  Then I opted for coffee instead of a shower on my way to work.  (Bad decision, I know, especially since a photographer from a magazine came to take pictures of my my boss, and I had to be in them!) Then class at night, with a mock lab practical, which was actually fun!  (Left my house at 5:45 am got home at 10pm)

Wednesday: Work, then study for lab practical for an hour and a half, then track practice, then go to Concord to get my parent's car so I can drive to Joy's wedding festivities this week.  (Left my house at 7 am got home at 10:30pm)

Thursday: No training today!  Woo hoo.  I get a break.  Just work, then school (lab practical) then drive to SF to go to Joy's rehearsal dinner.  (Leave house at 7am get home at 11pm)

Friday: Gotta do a long ride today, so leaving my house at 7am for a 45 mile ride with three CAT 3 hills.  Then it's off to the city for a manicure and pedicure with the bride, then spending the night in Concord at my parents house to visit, and get a ride to the wedding on Saturday.  (Leave house at 7am don't come home)

Saturday: It's Joy's wedding, but I still have to do a 10K at race pace in order to stay up with my half marathon training.  So up at 6am to run.  Get ready for the wedding, get picked up at 9am to be taken off to all the wedding fun!  (Leave house 6:30am get back at midnight)

Sunday: 5 K this Sunday to raise money for the Mount Diablo Unified School District Athletic Club.  My goal is to run it whether or not I am hung over from the wedding...I mean it's just a 5K, right.  So that doesn't start until 9am, so I get to sleep in until 8:30am Sunday!  Woo hoo.

So, hm...totally boring huh...I'm such a couch potato these days...good thing Iron Team is starting in November, because I don't know if I could stand this level of inactivity for much longer...I hope my sarcasm is coming across...

I have to ask myself again...what the heck am I getting myself into?  This is a normal week, with no Ironman training. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you're documenting the crazy schedule, even during non-training! Some people don't believe me... Miss you, Iron Lady! You are awesome!!!