Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 days left!

Three days left until I officially become one of those people that I used to say were absolutely nuts. Now sure, I know some of you will say that I have already passed over into that realm. Doing triathlons, and Half Ironmans, and training for an Ironman.  But growing up I never really thought about triathlons, and I didn't even know what an Ironman was...but I always knew what a marathon was and I thought the people who did them were certifiably crazy! I remember telling my brother how bad it was for his knees and other joints to run that long. And now I sit here, about to run 26.2 miles in three days! And you know what, I don't feel that crazy.

I feel happy and excited, and I really feel like I will be able to do this! The 18 miles I ran wasn't that bad and I did that the day after I did a double brick that lasted 8 hours. So I am looking forward to Sunday.

And while I sit at the airport, waiting for my delayed flight to take me to San Diego, carbo loading on Hefeweizen, I wonder if I am going to have to eat my words on Sunday afternoon. I really hope it isn't torturous!

Cheers to all you crazy marathoners! I will see you on Sunday:

No comments:

Post a Comment