Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Separation Anxiety

I am an addict. I have to admit it. I am having separation anxiety right now. I gave up coffee three days ago...and it's been rough. I mean, I don't feel physically bad, and I haven't gotten any headaches, but I miss it sooo much. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think about is coffee. I think about how much I like the nice warm inviting smell of it brewing in the office. I think about the refreshing coldness of an ice coffee on a hot day, I think about the joy I get from going to Starbucks and getting my tall coffee in a grande cup so I can put extra cream in it.

Coffee is so comforting, it's like I've lost an old friend.
 

But alas, I should not complain...apparently sacrificing for two weeks will help me on race day. I am so looking forward to my first cup of coffee on Aug 28th at 3:30 in the morning, and then eating all those caffeine filled GUs on the run!  Oh what fun, what bliss! I guess I am also excited about being an Ironman, but I am really excited about being an Ironman that gets to drink coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment