Monday, August 13, 2012

Time To Start Again!

Think the Run team is ready for Embo? I hope so, because here I come!

So as you can all see from my last blog, Ironman Couer d'Alene was super hard. I finished it, and I was really glad I did. But it was a really difficult day. Of course the reason I began training to begin with was to raise money to help find a cure for cancer. So when I was out there, I just kept reminding myself of how lucky I was to have my health and to be able to partake in such an amazing feat.

Ironman Coeur d'Alene is over and I have sworn off another Ironman (at least until 2014), but the fight against cancer isn't over. So I've signed up for Team in Training again. This time I'll be training for the Honolulu marathon. I've already had a couple of people joke about how I am being a slacker, just training for a marathon. I somewhat agree with them. My long workouts only take 3 hours...which for Ironman training would have been super short. But I am looking forward to this as an opportunity to be able to spend more time fundraising. Even though I love the physical part of all this, the main reason I am doing this is to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Now that I am "just training for a marathon" I will have time to do that!

So I invite you all to follow my training and my fundraising adventures. And please let me know if you would like to help out, by donating, or volunteering your time at fundraisers, or even offering cool and fun ideas on how to fundraise. My goal is $5,000 in the next 3 months! Any and all help is appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment