Monday, July 18, 2011

So Thankful

Sometimes I just need to sit back and remind myself how lucky I am, and sometimes something happens which highlights it and I am actually in awe of all of my blessings.

This weekend I spent the weekend with so many of my favorite people. First I got to spend the day with my dad and mom and sister and Dizzie for my dad's birthday on Friday. Then Saturday and Sunday mornings I got to work out with my Iron peeps, open water swimming, trail running, and cycling around tiburon. And both Saturday and Sunday evenings I got to see my friends from high school and got to watch two of my favorite things: Harry Potter and True Blood.

As if getting to spend time with such great people wasn't enough, I was really looked after this weekend. On Sunday we went on a 22 mile ride around Tiburon. We had parked in a $5 parking lot where we placed our money in envelopes and then dropped them in a locked box. When we got back from the ride, which took about 2 hours (hey, we were enjoying ourselves), I walked around to the front of my car and found my wallet sitting on my hood. My wallet, that had all my credit cards and picture ID and cash, was just sitting there and had apparently been sitting there, unattended, for the last two hours. I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I mean, money isn't everything, but it would have been really disappointing to have to cancel all my cards, and go to the DMV to get a new license, and replace everything else that was in the wallet.

So if I get a little frustrated, like when Comcast just decides to start charging me $10 more a month than they said they would...I just breathe and realize I don't need to sweat the small stuff. I had a great weekend, with great friends and family, and the blessings in my life far outnumber the difficulties.


No comments:

Post a Comment