Monday, September 13, 2010

Half way there....Sort of!

So I am now officially a Half Iron Lady, except that Big K wasn't an official Ironman event, so I guess I am unofficially a Half Iron Lady!  That means I am half way to a full Ironman, right?  Well except I have an entire year of challenges and learning in front of me.  Although I did learn a thing or two yesterday when I did my 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and 13.1 mile run:

1. When a room full of triathletes tell you NOT to wear underwear with your tri suit, you should listen to them.  The last 30 miles of the bike ride was quite uncomfortable, I guess I am just lucky I am single!  ;)
2. No matter how many times you pee in the morning, you are always going to have to go again, especially once you put your wetsuit on.  It's best to go in your wetsuit when you are in the water, but if you are lined up getting ready to start the race and don't have time to jump in quickly....no one really notices if you just pee right there.  (Sorry to the people who were standing in the sand behind me).
3. If you are really hard core you will also pee on your bike and while running...I guess I have a lot to learn, I'm not quite there yet, had to run off the course to find a toilet during the run!
4. Pray a lot for yourself and your teammates, and everyone will finish the race safe, healthy, and happy!
5. Watching an episode of Jersey Shore in the morning totally pumps you up!  There is nothing like trashy TV to get your ready to swim/bike/run 70.3 miles!
6. Start the after party early, because you'll want to pass out by 8:30pm!

I will hopefully be uploading a video of the day in a week, but my mom took her camera with her on vacation, so I will have to wait until she gets back, until then, here is a picture of  me starting out my run: (Oh and another bit of advice, do all of you walking and crying and limping before you run past all your friends, so they can get pictures like this of you looking totally happy and not miserable).

1 comment:

  1. Practice hard and some day you will too be able to pee while riding your bike...... or during a nice hike while watching the sunset...... or at dinner.... It only took me one time to realize I needed to have the Depends on for dinner events.

    ReplyDelete