Monday, November 22, 2010

On Your Own Weekend

So this weekend had two On Your Own workouts, where we are supposed to do all of the training by ourselves.  But lucky for me, I have such awesome new teammates, I didn't have to do anything on my own.
Saturday morning I woke up bright and early at 6:20 am to head over to King Pool in Berkeley, where I met up with coach Elaine, Mark, Elizabeth (not Iron yet, but working on her to join), Jasmine, Rocky, David, Mark, and Eddie. We had a lovely hour swim, although I have to admit, I didn't really follow the schedule.  I tried, but there is only so much Catch Up I can do, so I did a couple of IMs (Butterfly, Back, Breast, Free) and then went back to Freestyle. We were told it wasn't going to rain until 10am, but it started in the middle of our swim, so I jumped out of the pool to help the life guards save all of our stuff from the rain.


It was still raining pretty hard when we started our run.  And I thought I was going to be miserable, especially since coach Elaine decided we were going to do strength training to get it out of the way for the weekend.  So after every lap we ran we had to stop and do squats, or lunges, or toe touches.  I can't decide which was harder and which is making my butt hurt the most today: doing lunges around half the track, or doing 75 squat jumps in a row.  All I have to say is that my ass better be awesome by August or I want my money back!

We were lucky and the rain stopped mid way through our run and the sun came out in time for us to take pictures.


Our muddy legs.  I think Rocky's and David's were the muddiest. 











 Then on Sunday I drove up to Santa Rosa to meet up with Les, Jenn, Joel, Rachel, and Megan. It took me about an hour to get there...but it was well worth the drive.  Besides the awesome company, the ride was absolutely gorgeous.  Sonoma county is so beautiful right now.  I can't believe I've never ridden up there before. 

I love biking up here, it is awesome.


I will be missing all team workouts this week because of Thanksgiving, and I am really going to miss everyone.  But I am so excited for the next 10 months.

Go Team! Iron Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment