Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sprint Tri in Photos

So this morning I woke up at 5:05am and it was 38 degrees.  I have proof....




Here I am setting up my transition area...very important to have all your bike stuff together, and all of your run stuff together, and all organized.

Then you have to take off your clothes in the cold and let them write your numbers all over you...





They also write your age on your leg...Coach Tony was trying to help me get a date....

Once you are all marked up, and your stuff is set up...the first thing to do is swim...at least today we were in a heated pool!

And of course they make you swim, up and down each lane, swimming over people in front of you...

Then it's out of the warm water into the freezing cold air...did I mention it was 38 degrees? Time to get all your bike gear on for a 14 mile ride.  Too bad I couldn't get my bike pants on, so I had to do it in shorts...




And after 14 miles as fast as you can, it's time to run a 5K...but at the end, everyone gets to break the finish line ribbon!

500 yard swim, 14 mile bike ride, 5 K run: 1 hour, 40 minutes, and 52 seconds...

The best way to spend a Saturday morning that I can think of!

Oh, and all the people are great!

And afterward don't forget to bring warm clothes to bundle up in, because it is still only 40 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment