Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Outlook

So I thought I was going to start 2011 off running....well ok, swimming in the bay, and then a nice 4 hour workout the next day.  I mean I am training for an Ironman, right?  What better way to start a year that is going to be full of training?

Alas,  I've been in bed for the past four days, and I brought in the New Year, by sleeping straight through it.  Apparently I put too much stress on my body during Christmas.  I keep thinking that when doctors ask me if I have been stressed out lately, that I haven't.  I associate being stressed out with being sad and depressed...but apparently I can stress my body out by doing too many things that are all making me happy.  I guess in the weeks leading up to Christmas I had been trying to do everything.  Studying for finals, going to Christmas parties, creating a calendar, working, training, dating...I can't think of one day or evening I had to just relax.  It was all so much fun, but apparently I need to slow things down a little bit if I want to make it through this year.

So as I lie in bed right now, thinking about the new year, I realize I am going to have to figure out how to find some time for myself this year, and find some time to relax.  It scares me to think of this, because it means I might not get to do everything I want to do, and I am worried that I won't have as much time for my friends and family.  But I am hoping that they understand.  I have one goal this year, and it is to complete Ironman Canada.  I knew that would take a lot of time and physical training, but I guess I didn't realize it would also take sacrifice. I am not going to be able to do everything I want to this year. 

I guess it's good I got sick this week, and am starting the year off in bed.  Now I can think about how I am going to get through this year. It will probably take a while til I find a balance. But at least now I know what I need to be working toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment