Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Iron Team Keeps Me Moving!

Is it bad that I can't wait to get home from spin tonight and get back into bed?  I didn't want to get out of bed today, but I knew I had to finally clean up after Christmas dinner and I knew I would eventually have to get up to go to spin, so I thought I might as well be a little productive today.  So I got up, washed the dishes, went grocery shopping, baked cookies, made turkey and black bean quesadillas, did my laundry, and returned presents to Target and then got a new sports bra, workout top and cute pair of black pants.  Now I am sitting around waiting for it to be time to go to spin, and I just want to curl up in bed, take my heart rate monitor off (it's at 68 right now) and turn on netflix.

But alas, Iron Team is getting me out of bed.  Actually they got me out of bed on Sunday too.  I had a little to drink on Christmas (which wasn't necessarily a little, but was definitely less than what I used to drink), and Sunday morning I so did not want to get out of bed.  But I knew my team was waiting for me, and I thought I just had a 35 mile ride, so I got up and went.  Funny thing is that it ended up being a 35 mile ride full of hills, and a 70 minute run full of hills, and then core.  But after it was done, I was so happy.  It felt so good to be able to know that I worked out for 4 and a half hours the day after Christmas.  I didn't need to worry about the extra chocolates I had eaten.

Me finishing 35 mile ride and then 70 minute run!  I think you would stick your tongue out too!

I really love Iron Team...I think this winter would have been full of a lot of excuses to stay inside (and stay in bed).  But the team gets me out and gets me doing things...and it's an extra bonus that everyone is so great.

Me on the phone during core having to postpone my lunch plans, because training still wasn't over!


And we are always full of spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment