Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thankful for the Small Things

Twice today I was thankful that I don't have to wear underwear with my bike pants.  The first time was this morning when I had woken up at 6:30 to get ready to go for a ride in Pleasanton.  I kind of freaked out, because it was early and I was having a very weird dream (too weird to post about here, but if you ask me about it, I may tell you).  So I had put a pile of all the clothes I was going to use on my ride in the middle of my floor, and as I was going through the pile kind of frantically so I could get ready on time, and for a second a felt a slight serge of panic, because I hadn't taken any underwear out to wear.  I know it's not that big of deal to have to get some from the drawer, but I would have had to decide on the style, and cut, and what matched my sports bra, etc...but then I realized, that I don't need to wear underwear with bike pants.  So I had a little moment of thankfulness.

But I didn't get to be thankful about this just once today, but twice.  On my way home from the ride, after I had delivered poinsettias and door hangings and was running late for a date, I had to pull off the freeway to get gas, rearrange my bike, and go to the bathroom.  I was in a super rush and I was a little worried about leaving my bike on my car, so  as I ran into the bathroom to go pee, the thought occurred to me how much faster it was going to be because I only had to pull down my pants...no underwear to deal with.  So I was thankful once again.

Maybe I should wear bike pants more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment