Sunday, January 23, 2011

Top of the World

I can't get over how much I like climbing! Don't get me wrong. It's not easy.  I climbed 3,500 feet today to the top of Mt. Diablo, and there were parts of it that we so incredibly hard.  I started thinking about my breathing, wondering if I was going to be able to get enough oxygen to my cells to make enough energy to keep going (stupid physiology class, has me thinking about stuff like that).  And once we finally made it to the top, after about 3 hours, I was caked in salt.  I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and there was white stuff all over my face and stuck in my eyelids. It was kind of goopy...but it made me smile. 

If you ever wonder whether it's worth it to push yourself to do something that you think is too hard, or challenging to do. Let me tell you, it is TOTALLY worth it!  I feel great....

Now of course I realize that today I only swam 3000 meters and biked 40 miles, and in seven months I am going to have to do that and then bike 72 more miles and then run a marathon...um...ok, I have to admit I am kind of scared.  But I'm going to do it, because I know my body can do whatever it is my mind has decided it will do!


1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration. Dont stop, cause Im gonna catch up and be right there with you. Im proud of you and your acomplishments. I cant wait to be able to ride up Mt Diablo. Im getting pumped just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete