Saturday, February 5, 2011

For My Birthday I Want a Cure

People have been asking me what I want for my birthday next week...and there really isn't anything I want except for donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Your donation can help save lives, and that would be the best present ever.  I'm halfway to my goal of $8,000, and with all of my friends and family's help I know I can get there.

James After his Second Bone Marrow Transplant

The Power of Your Money
 
$1000   Supports one week’s salary for a medical researcher at UCSF, Stanford or Berkeley (Go Bears!) who may discovery key information to developing curative treatments for blood cancers
$500   Provides a blood cancer patient with financial assistance for one year to help with transportation and co-pays
$200   funds one Family Support Group meeting of 9-15 participants; the SF Bay Ara chapter has 9 monthly support group meetings
$150   allows 5 patients to make a First Connection with a trained peer volunteer
$100   provides 3 patients access to an information teleconference
$75     is the average cost of tissue typing to become a bone marrow donor
$50     is the cost of a CT scan
$40     is the cost of sending a comprehensive packet of information for children with cancer
$35     pays for transportation expenses for a patient living in Northern California’s most rural areas to get to treatment at a comprehensive cancer center
$25     covers a single prescription co-payment
$5        is the const of sending a newly diagnosed patient information about support and their disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment