Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So it's raining and cold outside, but I think it is such a perfect day for Valentine's Day...what better reason to snuggle up close with someone you love? Plus I got a beautiful ride in on Saturday so it can rain all week if it likes...well at least until Saturday that is, when our bootcamp starts.

So this weekend I went riding with Jonathan, Eddie, Dave, Nicole, and Sherri. We did a 42 mile loop from El Cerrito into Berkeley, up the hills to Tilden then along Grizzly Peak to Skyline, then down Pinehurst into Moraga.  Then we took Moraga way to Camino Pablo to San Pablo Dam road and followed all the way back around into El Cerrito again.  I was super happy because there were some good climbs...but nothing so bad that people were mad at me for picking the route...in fact everyone said it was a good route.  So hopefully this will make up for making all my friends go one Devil's slide last October. 
So after our ride I had my birthday party...which was tons of fun.  It was so good to see all my friends...the only thing I wish was that I had more time to hang out which each of them.  My plan had been to drink from 4pm to 6pm and then switch to water...because the Iron Team had an Olympic Triathlon to do on Sunday morning.  Needless to say, that didn't really happen, and I showed up at the event about 4 hours late...with the keg in my car...

But I will make up for it next weekend since we are having bootcamp for two days in a row where we will apparently be swimming, biking, running, and doing core from 8am until 5pm both days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment