Monday, February 28, 2011

The Three Bears Don't Like Me!

So yesterday Maureen and I tried to go on our Three Bears bike marker: 35 miles including a few hills that are even harder than the three bears according to me (and I am an expert on what is difficult). We did the first two hills and were almost in Orinda when we heard this loud pop. I could have sworn I felt something shoot out of my tire.  My back tire had gone flat, and Maureen was kind enough to point out that she has been smelling my bike brakes rubbing against the tire since we had started out.  :)

So anyway, three tubes, 4 CO2 canisters, and one broken little hook thingy which I don't know the name of later and my tire was still flat!  Yep...the first tube, was obviously popped...although we couldn't find the hole. The second one had a big hole (which we found after it took me 30 minutes to put it in the tire). And then the third one had a broken stem, so every time we tried to fill it up the air would leak out quickly before I could close it...of course I thought I didn't know how to blow it up, so I used 3 CO2s trying to fill up that one!

Finally we realized that we only had one tube left, and no CO2, so we had to call Steve who came to rescue us!

My tire is still flat, and we only biked 6 miles...but surprisingly it took us 2 and a half hours for the whole ordeal and my HR monitor still said I burned over 1,000 calories. I guess frustration takes energy!

So this was my second attempt at the Three Bears marker...last time it was pouring rain and I got sick.  So I am thinking maybe the Three Bears are trying to tell me to switch to the Calaveras Bike Marker. Phil, Grace, and Marina, I may be seeing you next time!


Good thing I still look cute in the Iron Team gear...even if I wasn't going anywhere! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww.... at least you got 6 miles in. I still haven't done any bike markers. Was out of town both times! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course we would love to have you on the Nicasio ride. I think flat tires are not allowed there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Jasmine, come to think of it, that may be closer to me than Calaveras!

    ReplyDelete